GIA Cape Town Accelerator Programme powered by Grindstone.
Scale your Singaporean startup or enterprise into Africa with The GIA Cape Town Accelerator Programme.
Grindstone has joined forces with Enterprise Singapore (EnterpriseSG) to offer the Global Innovation Alliance (GIA) Cape Town Acceleration Programme, an accelerator designed to help Singapore businesses unlock new market opportunities in South Africa and beyond.
To empower high-growth, innovation-driven startups and companies ready to scale into Africa using South Africa as their launch pad.
We welcome startups and enterprises ready to scale that are at least 30% Singapore-owned and have proven traction in the technology sector, especially in Fintech, Healthtech, Edtech, and ESG.
- It is tailored for later-stage Singapore enterprises and established startups.
- Residency week in Cape Town to present your business to potential clients and strategic partners.
- It is a hybrid programme combining online workshops, one-on-one mentoring, professional services, and in-country market introductions.
Cost to Join:
S$2500 (excluding travel costs to South Africa), split over two payments.
What you'll gain:
Business assessment to identify and address any gaps
- There will be bespoke engagements with top coaches, course materials, and workshops. *Coaching and workshops are customised to your business and lifecycle stage and can be arranged according to schedule.
- Networking opportunities with Grindstone's global entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Go-to-market readiness and access to partnerships and opportunities in South Africa and across Africa
Eight-week condensed programme with up to six months of access to market opportunities after completion
Time commitments will consist of one-hour coaching and mentoring sessions per week, plus a full residency week in Cape Town for in-person workshops, networking events, and market introductions.
Grindstone, founded in 2013, focuses on high-growth engineering entrepreneurship. As a trusted accelerator, we've facilitated the international expansion of numerous African innovation-driven businesses. We're co-owned by Knife Capital, a venture capital investment manager, and Thinkroom, an African ecosystem player and SME capacity builder. Grindstone Ventures is our post-seed, pre-series A fund for qualifying startups.
Grindstone's acceleration programme originated in South Africa and has since expanded into Africa, the Middle East and Asia.